You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
How much of a paycut would you take to work remote?
Started by mentos
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I took a 7% increase and moved to a cheaper city.
Nice. Would you have done it for a paycut?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted205891
I am considering a job that would be a slight paycut (maybe 1-2%) but would also max me out on the pay scale due to perceived cost of living differences, so I would be losing more money in the future as I wouldn't get raises other than usual COLA...even though the actual cost of living in the new location isn't lower than that in my current location. It's not full telework, but about 50-60%. The job also closely aligns with my career goals, so I think all that is worth the slight pay cut.
Did you get an offer? I'm looking for remote roles as well. For an actual RPh role (like PA review) but not truly remote I would take up to 15% paycut. For any other role, I would take up to 30%If you got an offer for remote job with no geographic restrictions (you can move wherever you want), how much of a paycut would you take?
Last edited:
Did you get an offer? I'm looking for remote roles as well. For an actual RPh role (like PA review) but not truly remote I would take up to 15% payout. For any other role, I would take up to 30%
I had an interview and it would be a big paycut if I get an offer. I don't want to give too many details but it would be close to a 25% paycut. I'm thinking it's too much, I could probably find something better.
Last edited:
If its an RPh role I would not take a 25% paycut. The only reason why I would take a huge paycut is if the opportunity enabled me to gain experience to leverage into something with better pay in the futureI had an interview and it would be a big paycut if I get an offer. I don't want to give too many details but it would be close to a 25% paycut. I'm thinking it's too much, I could probably find something better.
On paper, I'll say my answer would probably be 10% right now to compensate for auto maintenance and 40 min commute.
Realistically, I'd say zero percent due to stagnant wages vs inflation
Meh, I think I'd get super bored working remotely. Stresses of technical bull****, barriers of communication, perpetual monitoring of activity and keystrokes and cursor movements (yeah, no way to outrun metrics), and frustrations of not being able to do something myself/in person would also be factors to consider. Cause you know, management needs to fulfill power/authority complex somehow...god forbid there be any trust in employees
Now how much will this company fund for mending broken keyboards?
Realistically, I'd say zero percent due to stagnant wages vs inflation
Meh, I think I'd get super bored working remotely. Stresses of technical bull****, barriers of communication, perpetual monitoring of activity and keystrokes and cursor movements (yeah, no way to outrun metrics), and frustrations of not being able to do something myself/in person would also be factors to consider. Cause you know, management needs to fulfill power/authority complex somehow...god forbid there be any trust in employees
Now how much will this company fund for mending broken keyboards?
I would not accept a take home pay cut. I include the costs of working that I can’t avoid (like expensive ass parking I’m forced to pay for) as reducing my take home pay.
So I am lucky enough that I have a 2 minute commute door to door - but if I had to drive 30-60 minutes to work, my answer might be different. I also enjoy the social interaction at work - and would miss that at home. Now - if I didn't have kids (or once they are out of school?) it might be cool if I could literally live anywhere - like have my house in the carribbean - but then I would not be able to afford the paycut to have the second house!
50-60%. But it has to be no metrics, and completely flexible schedule.
Probably not with my current circumstances, but if there weren't other options I probably would have. As long as the pay was higher than my old job before moving away the first time.Nice. Would you have done it for a paycut?
50-60%. But it has to be no metrics, and completely flexible schedule.
I don't think that exists in pharmacy. For that big of a paycut you could probably find an administrative job.
How many jobs have no metrics and completely flexible schedule? At that point you are probably a freelancer.
Definitely NOT an RPh jobHow many jobs have no metrics and completely flexible schedule? At that point you are probably a freelancer.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep, agree. Prob not going to be pharmacist type job, but I don't care. My babies are my priority.I don't think that exists in pharmacy. For that big of a paycut you could probably find an administrative job.
Yep, agree. Prob not going to be pharmacist type job, but I don't care. My babies are my priority.
I know someone who is an administrative assistant and all she does is check emails and goes on Zoom meetings all day.
30% or even more, but then I guess remote jobs aren't too stable. Not that I feel any more stable with my current job (Indy). I have to agree with one of the above posters. I'm willing to take a pay cut if it is to gain more necessary skillsI had an interview and it would be a big paycut if I get an offer. I don't want to give too many details but it would be close to a 25% paycut. I'm thinking it's too much, I could probably find something better.
hmmm, I don't know what a lot of you all are imagining...what job can one escape prioritization, deadlines, metrics, quotas, etc.?
Only in the pharmacy profession, would a new opportunity mean decreased pay.
I would be comfortable with less than 20K cut, anything more would be difficult living in a major metropolitan city.
I would be comfortable with less than 20K cut, anything more would be difficult living in a major metropolitan city.
Unless I have less responsibiltiies why would I take a paycut?
Unless I have less responsibiltiies why would I take a paycut?
No commute = no gas, car wear n tear, more time in the day. And you can move wherever you want.
65-70 per hour is a breeze. One of the giant healthcare corps that share the same name with a domestic airline have metrics that would make cvs blush. Over 100 per hour is more like itWait until they are stiing at home having to check 65 - 70 rxs per hour for 8 hours. You think there aren't metrics? Your employer will still be a big overbearing corporation who wants to make as much money as possible from your labor.
Definitely depends on computer program.65-70 per hour is a breeze. One of the giant healthcare corps that share the same name with a domestic airline have metrics that would make cvs blush. Over 100 per hour is more like it
I hate framework so much.
framework sucks. AS400 is the GOAT. Even Costco (the store, dunno about the pharmacy department) uses themDefinitely depends on computer program.
I hate framework so much.
AS400 is great once you learn the ins and outs. Not user friendly but super users can use it very efficiently.framework sucks. AS400 is the GOAT. Even Costco (the store, dunno about the pharmacy department) uses them
No commute = no gas, car wear n tear, more time in the day. And you can move wherever you want.
I don’t get paid any differently if I live 1 min or 1 hour away from work.
I don’t get paid any differently if I live 1 min or 1 hour away from work.
But you still have to live near work and drive there.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K