USMLE How much peds and OB is on Step III?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cbrons

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can I just forget the OBGYN (specifically just the OB part) and peds I learned in med school? Or am i going to have to answer questions about breast feeding vs. breast milk jaundice on this test?

Members don't see this ad.

Can I just forget the OBGYN (specifically just the OB part) and peds I learned in med school? Or am i going to have to answer questions about breast feeding vs. breast milk jaundice on this test?

It depends on what score you're aiming for, but neonatal jaundice, for example, is pretty high yield. If you Google "USMLE Step 2 CK Questions Distribution," there's a good resource that pops up. And you might be gifted with an OBGYN or a peds heavy exam. Generally speaking, go with UWorld and supplement where you feel weak (in proportion to what pops up more frequently on UWorld).

Last edited:
unfortunately you have to know everything to be safe.
FOr my exam lots of pediatrics almost no psych
No rhyme or reason depends on the exam you get
Plus the step 3 CCS always has at least 1-2 pediatric cases

Also the "high yield" topics that everyone always talks about...honestly never really see those topics on the step its always a clusterf$@#$ of everything with no specific focus. That's the epxeirence I've had for step 1,2,3

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It depends on what score you're aiming for, but neonatal jaundice, for example, is pretty high yield. If you Google "USMLE Step 2 CK Questions Distribution," there's a good resource that pops up. And you might be gifted with an OBGYN or a peds heavy exam. Generally speaking, go with UWorld and supplement where you feel weak (in proportion to what pops up more frequently on UWorld).
Im talking about step 3 not 2

Sent from my SM-N910P using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user