How much post-content review study before AAMC's. SN2ed schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WhiteCoatSyndrome

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just finished the content review part of SN2ed's schedule and have a couple days before starting the AAMC exams. For those who have followed the schedule (and those who haven't and want to offer advice) how much time did you spend skimming back over the material you covered for the past month or so, excluding hat trick time. I get the fact that there is no such thing as being 100% prepared, but it is likely that a few details here and there aren't as clear as they once were. Should I not worry about it and just go for the AAMC's or skim back over the basic equations and concepts. I did fairly well on the the TBR passages, about 75% average if that's worth anything. Thanks!
 
Buy the AAMC self-assessment bundle and do all of them. That will give you a good idea of what you need to focus on. As a bonus, the length of each assessment and the fact that they cover all topics make them excellent post-content review.
 
I think the worst part of transitioning from content review to actual AAMC practice materials was the feeling that I knew almost nothing. Then you take the exam, you read the passages, and things just start clicking into place. That's how I felt after doing some practice exams, anyway. It's really not so scary, just take the plunge and see how you do.
 
If you look at the last bit of the schedule, you go through all of the chapters again to finish the last 1/3 of the questions. Between that and reviewing the Q's you miss on FL's, you should be good.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would also agree with an above poster that you should buy the self-assessment. I just bought it yesterday (finished content review 2 days ago) and I will be using it to determine my weak points. I think it's an awesome resource because they give a feedback summary at the end of your weak points and the questions are old exam questions.