1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How Much really.

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Kay51, May 4, 2007.

1. Kay51

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    How much do EC activities and volunteer work count on your application ..really??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Idesiretosling

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Depends...just use your free time wisely.

4. quique

Pre-Pharmacy
    If other areas of your application (e.g. GPA, PCAT) are lacking ,then it might make a significant difference.

One of my friends was accepted into UCSF with a below average GPA but she had stellar ECs and volunteer work.

5. piyi

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Yes, I think it really does depend. Like a previous poster mentioned, if your grades are subpar, those activities can perhaps make a difference. It didn't come up at all in my interview, but then I was out of college for a few years, working as a technician, and my grades were good. That could also have something to do with it-- where you are in your education. If you're out of college and working, they may not place too much significance on what clubs you joined in high school or what volunteer activities you were involved in; perhaps they would look at it more if you're coming straight from high school. I would at least have a few extracurriculars and volunteer experience.

6. mtravaglini27

7+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    (User removed comment.)

#5 mtravaglini27, May 5, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2016