How much should I be paid for this job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pigg-O-Stat

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I need some help. I was offered a job as collaborating physician at a local urgent care, and I have no idea how much to ask for....

Basically my responsibilities include 8 hours a month reviewing charts on site. I will collaborate with one PA and one NP, and am available for occasional consults, but I have no clinical duties.

Does anyone know the right compensation for a job like this?

Members don't see this ad.

latest

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
3-5k per month. Not just your time my friend.. throw in your credibility and med mal risk.

My buddy did 2-5 hours a month for a medical weight loss place and got 3k.

Reactions: 1 user
Yup, my FP buddy in MS gets 5k for a very similar type of deal.
How can you charge $625/hr for reviewing PA charts? I reviewed 20 PA charts and threw in three central lines yesterday and while I make a good hourly rate was nowhere close to this.

How can you charge $625/hr for reviewing PA charts? I reviewed 20 PA charts and threw in three central lines yesterday and while I make a good hourly rate was nowhere close to this.
Because you're not being hired as a consultant. The end result may be the same, but the nature of the job is fundamentally different.

I believe that urgent care etc need a MD to PA ratio of around 5:1 in order to charge more to the insurers. So you are also giving them a huge boost by keeping the supervision ratio high enough. I'm not aware of the specifics but would be curious if someone else does.

So I need some help. I was offered a job as collaborating physician at a local urgent care, and I have no idea how much to ask for....

Basically my responsibilities include 8 hours a month reviewing charts on site. I will collaborate with one PA and one NP, and am available for occasional consults, but I have no clinical duties.

Does anyone know the right compensation for a job like this?

How much do you value your time? I set my floor at $175/hr just to go and sit somewhere to do very little work. Why? Because I can work at a FSER and see 6 pts in 24 hrs and essentially do no work for 20 of those hours.

I would not personally step in an urgent care to actually review charts for 8 mind numbing hours for less than $250/hr. Throw in the liabilities, and I would put that number more at $300/hr. I would throw the occasional consults in pro bono until it starts to go over one call a day.

This sounds interesting. How does one get a job like this ?