How much should the Personal Statement change?

Started by RUscrewed
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RUscrewed

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How important is it to significantly rewrite the personal statement? Do schools keep track of last year personal statement? There really isn't anything significant that I've done in the past year that I can sell. The only difference is that I am applying on time this year. (I am hoping to improve my 29 MCAT in August but applying on time is the main thing). I just don't want the admissions committee to instantly reject me because they feel like I didnt change the words to my personal statement significantly. Do you guys think I should completely rewrite it? Thanks!!
 
RUscrewed said:
How important is it to significantly rewrite the personal statement? Do schools keep track of last year personal statement? There really isn't anything significant that I've done in the past year that I can sell. The only difference is that I am applying on time this year. (I am hoping to improve my 29 MCAT in August but applying on time is the main thing). I just don't want the admissions committee to instantly reject me because they feel like I didnt change the words to my personal statement significantly. Do you guys think I should completely rewrite it? Thanks!!

i saw an earlier post that answered this question. so never mind. thanks.
 
rugirlie said:
I like your username! 👍 :laugh:
haha. by the time i graduated, i finally understood what the seniors meant in my freshmen orientation.