How much studying for the Pharm Tech Exam?

Started by terse
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

terse

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How much studying is really needed to be well prepared for the pharm tech license exam? I plan to take it at the beginning of March, and I'm thinking self-studying with a book for 2 months would be an adequate amount of time. I've never worked in a pharmacy before also. What do you guys think? Also, could someone recommend a really good self-study guide?

And I've heard that the main part of the exam is the calculations. Any truth to this? Thanks.
 
they are doing computerized testing now, so i am not sure if that changes anything.

I read my book and did all the problems... Proly 30 hrs total studying. I dind't learn any drug information. if you're going to study the drugs, proly a lot more time...

i passed b/c i knew the everything else except the drugs really well.