How much time between offense and applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ArizonaVet480

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have a somewhat checkered past I have a lot of traffic violations all misdemeanors before I turned 18 however I also have a shoplifting charge which is 11 years old i am not the one who shoplifted but i was with that person whem he did and i was arrested for it as well I have served time in the military since however I also have a ticket for urinating in public literally as soon as I came back from the military. Not making excuses but in the army we were trained to use the woodline as a latrine so when I came back I was still set in that mindset. As you can see my record is not spotless so I am wondering how much time I should put between these offenses and when I apply? Thank you for the input.

Members don't see this ad.

Is all of this juvenile minus public urination?
Lol man that last one is too funny.. Sorry

I think it's funny also I was trained to go outside it was normal where I was coming from and it's not like I just did it in the open I went into an alley but was still caught. Well the shoplifting and public urination I was 18 or over the shoplifting charge was a little over 11 years ago and the public urination just about 5 years.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it's funny also I was trained to go outside it was normal where I was coming from and it's not like I just did it in the open I went into an alley but was still caught. Well the shoplifting and public urination I was 18 or over the shoplifting charge was a little over 11 years ago and the public urination just about 5 years.
I will defer to an adcom lol. If I was an adcom though I would find the public urination ticket hilarious.. Then again I guess that is why adcoms aren't teenaged college kids..
@Goro

Being in the service washes away a lot of sins.

EDIT: The shoplifting, public urination and the traffic stuff are all too long ago. You're fine.

So I have a somewhat checkered past I have a lot of traffic violations all misdemeanors before I turned 18 however I also have a shoplifting charge which is 11 years old i am not the one who shoplifted but i was with that person whem he did and i was arrested for it as well I have served time in the military since however I also have a ticket for urinating in public literally as soon as I came back from the military. Not making excuses but in the army we were trained to use the woodline as a latrine so when I came back I was still set in that mindset. As you can see my record is not spotless so I am wondering how much time I should put between these offenses and when I apply? Thank you for the input.

Reactions: 1 users
The urinating charge is from 5 years ago. When I apply it will be 7 years.