How much time spent studying for Step 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Diana_UC

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi-

I only planned to study for 2 weeks for Step 2. Now, the test is 10 days away, and I am running into people left and right that are planning a hardcore 30 days!

Am I screwed? Should I move it back?

How long did people study for? And did anyone practice doing a whole 8 hrs of questions beforehand? Not sure if I could do this as I just have QBank and NMS, A&L step 2 books, but just checking.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Diana_UC said:
Hi-

I only planned to study for 2 weeks for Step 2. Now, the test is 10 days away, and I am running into people left and right that are planning a hardcore 30 days!

Am I screwed? Should I move it back?

How long did people study for? And did anyone practice doing a whole 8 hrs of questions beforehand? Not sure if I could do this as I just have QBank and NMS, A&L step 2 books, but just checking.

Thanks!

Hi there,
I studied two weeks for USMLE Step II and was more than prepared. I only used Q-Bank and was definitely tired of questions at the end of the two weeks. I had my Internal Medicine rotation last so I was very fresh coming off that rotation and shelf exam. Two weeks was far more than I needed it turned out.

njbmd :)

njbmd said:
Hi there,
I studied two weeks for USMLE Step II and was more than prepared. I only used Q-Bank and was definitely tired of questions at the end of the two weeks. I had my Internal Medicine rotation last so I was very fresh coming off that rotation and shelf exam. Two weeks was far more than I needed it turned out.

njbmd :)

Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately, I finished on Psych....which I actually think has made me forget A LOT! =) Can I ask if you finished QBank? I am also worried that I chose QBAnk instead of UW, since so many people are saying UW is better...... any thoughts?