Step II Passed step 2 CS 2nd time but concerned about rank list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wellcutcookies

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, I failed step 2 cs the first time because I spent 3 days studying for it after step 2 ck. I just found out I passed with flying colors! Now the problem is do I release my step 2 CS score? I'm a US MD applying for internal medicine and I did average on step 1 and very well on step 2 CK, and these scores have already been released to all schools. 2 of the programs require a step 2 CS score by february 1st to be ranked, but the rest don't mention it. I was thinking that I could not release the step 2 CS scores on ERAS and just email those 2 programs with a pdf of my passing step 2 CS score. Other options include releasing my step 2 CS score, but that would mean it's released for all schools. Thoughts? Ultimately my goal is just to match!
 
Hi all, I failed step 2 cs the first time because I spent 3 days studying for it after step 2 ck. I just found out I passed with flying colors! Now the problem is do I release my step 2 CS score? I'm a US MD applying for internal medicine and I did average on step 1 and very well on step 2 CK, and these scores have already been released to all schools. 2 of the programs require a step 2 CS score by february 1st to be ranked, but the rest don't mention it. I was thinking that I could not release the step 2 CS scores on ERAS and just email those 2 programs with a pdf of my passing step 2 CS score. Other options include releasing my step 2 CS score, but that would mean it's released for all schools. Thoughts? Ultimately my goal is just to match!
I would release it to all schools and also send a short email to all schools saying you are adding the CS update to your file. The ones that had a Feb 1 deadline might not bend their rules but the others probably want this info before ranking you.