how much were in in debt before starting Pharm School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

helpfuldoc2b

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just curious, how much were in in debt before starting Pharm School?
 
Just curious, how much were in in debt before starting Pharm School?

Do you mean student loan debt from college or other things like car payments, mortgages, etc? My undergraduate loan debt was about $12k.
 
i think what's a more interesting question is.. how much debt are you in after graduating pharm school?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just curious, how much were in in debt before starting Pharm School?

If your talking just about student loans, I had those all payed off. I'm a non-traditional student so I had lots of time between undergrad and pharmacy school.

Otherwise, we have a mortgage and thats about it.
 
$0. I had scholarships which paid for my undergrad 🙂

When I graduate I'll probably be close to $70K in debt.
 
About 20K before pharm school.

About 30K at the end of my first semester of pharm school.
 
for my BS degree $25K
for my PharmD $120K

the grand total of $145K. OUCH! keeping my fingers crossed of working hard to pay it off in about 10 years after graduating!


i don't even dare to mention credit card debt...😱
 
Undergradute: $0 (I realize I was very lucky)

Pharm School: I'll get away with around $100K...I do have some support from the parents which has helped lessen these loans (again I realize how very lucky I am). Otherwise it would be closer to $120K
 
Gosh now my debt doesn't look so bad... although I'm thinking that I'll be looking at $80-$90,000 by the time I'm done. I really really wish that they actually gave scholarships at my school to P1s and P2s.
 
Total cost of my tuition was about 120,000 (I graduated in 2000). Parents paid for about 30,000 which left me about 90,000 in debt.

After school though, I moved back in with parents for a few years and paid that off - feels awesome to get that weight of your back.
 
Undergrad: 20,000
PharmD: about 95,000 when I'm done

Considering my husband and I are used to living on 1 income, we will continue to do that when I finish school, so those loans can be paid off within a couple of years.😉
 
Undergraduate: $0
Pharmacy school: $40,000
I've been very lucky. Since I was able to finish my prePharm in 2 years, my parents are still helping me a bit in Pharm school. Also, I had a college fund, which I drained to help pay for a good bit of undergraduate, and a little bit of Pharmacy school. I also have some cash savings to draw upon.
 
Undergrad: about $10K. I had scholarships but I took out loans to pay for an awesome apartment and bills so I didn't have to work that much.

Pharmacy school: only 2 quarters down so far and I owe...my left kidney and my 1st born child.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Undergrad $0
Pharmacy school I'm estimating between $40,000 and $70,000.