How often do you pharmacists compound drugs?

Started by ghost8
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ghost8

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How often do you pharmacists compound drugs in retail pharmacy?

Are you also allowed to make drugs for you to use. lets say you have a severe cold/cough.
 
Not very often....about once a month. But..I'm not a comounding pharmacist with that specific certification which allows me to purchase those chemicals.

No...I do not have a need to compound a cough/cold product which is not on the commercial market. I'd have a hard time believing there is one which will not suit the purpose unless one has a tremendously immunocompromized immune system in which case...none of the available chemicals would do better than straight codeine....
 
Not often. When working for Rite-Aid I did creams for a couple customers, but that was it.
 
I'm a tech, and I compound about 20-30 scripts per week. Most are hospice patients, though.