Epic

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2007
Status
I hit 111,111 miles today.. and my trip meter hit 111.1 miles.. Of course I set the trip meter at 111,000...

:smuggrin:

FruitFly

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2007
Monaco
Status
And what did you do? Slam on your breaks and swerve to the side of the road as soon as it hit 111.1?

Crazy Texas drivers... :smuggrin:
hahaha I would have. Then again, NY drivers are crazy too.

OP
Epic

Epic

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2007
Status
No you fools...

I just pulled over...

OP
Epic

Epic

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2007
Status
I'm going to try for 123,456 on my odometer and 123.4 on my trip meter...or 789.0.. actually I could do both.

confettiflyer

Did you just say something?
10+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2004
Best Coast
Status
Pharmacist
I think Epic is a l33t hax0r who connected his laptop to his car and made it do that. Forreal.

PharmDstudent

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2007
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I hit 111,111 miles today.. and my trip meter hit 111.1 miles.. Of course I set the trip meter at 111,000...

:smuggrin:

Hopefully you stopped and got gas. The sooner you fill up, the more you'll save. The price of gas seems to increase every day right now.

You should have taken a picture of the beautiful landscape when you stopped. I'm sure we'd all be impressed by a dried-up cactus next to an empty water hole. :smuggrin:

OP
Epic

Epic

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2007
Status
:D If that's true ...

then I'm sure you'll have no problem taking that milestone picture with the SPEEDOMETER @ 123 mph, right? :smuggrin:
I don't think my Buick like Acura will do 123 mph... oh it probably will.. if so, then it will give me 3 seconds to capture the shot at 123,456 on the odometer and 123.4 on the trip meter.

Doing 60, it would have given me 6 seconds for the shot.. so I decided to pull over.

OP
Epic

Epic

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2007
Status
Hopefully you stopped and got gas. The sooner you fill up, the more you'll save. The price of gas seems to increase every day right now.

You should have taken a picture of the beautiful landscape when you stopped. I'm sure we'd all be impressed by a dried-up cactus next to an empty water hole. :smuggrin:
Oh yeah? How so?

MountainPharmD

custodiunt illud simplex
10+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2004
Status
Pharmacist
I am gonna guess it happens every time a car is driven one mile past 111,110 miles. What does this have to do with pharmacy?

PharmDstudent

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2007
Status
Oh yeah? How so?
If you fill up tomorrow, you'll be paying tomorrow's price, which will probably be more due to the price inflation trend. Have you ever heard of the saying, "a day late and a dollar short"?
Since you're not a broke college "punk" like me :p, you can afford to allocate $45 for gas without flinching too hard. Now if you get in a car accident (after filling up) and all of your gas spills out... well... you're out of luck!

Will you take a few pictures of the red clay next time you go on a roadtrip? I remember how amazing the hills looked when I used to visit my grandmother in Athens, Texas. I have fond memories of red dirt hills.

OP
Epic

Epic

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2007
Status
It aint always about phramercy dood!

OP
Epic

Epic

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2007
Status
Aint no red hills in this part of texas!

You must have been wearing 3D glasses thinking its hip.

PharmDstudent

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2007
Status
Aint no red hills in this part of texas!

You must have been wearing 3D glasses thinking its hip.
Oh well. I guess I'll have to settle for dead cacti.

confettiflyer

Did you just say something?
10+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2004
Best Coast
Status
Pharmacist
Don't you know? Epic has his own pipeline direct from Iraq jacked into his garage. n00bs...c'mon, everyone knows that. He's really a dirty texas oil man.

haha, anyway..i'm sad, had to give up my car before I hit 100k =(

MountainPharmD

custodiunt illud simplex
10+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2004
Status
Pharmacist
It aint always about phramercy dood!
Its always about pharmacy!!!!!!

Just busting your balls dude!

So how long do you wait to turn your A/C on? Man it was hot today.....

OP
Epic

Epic

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2007
Status
Its always about pharmacy!!!!!!

Just busting your balls dude!

So how long do you wait to turn your A/C on? Man it was hot today.....
You thought it was hot today ??????

LOL.. Oh boy...

OP
Epic

Epic

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2007
Status
Don't you know? Epic has his own pipeline direct from Iraq jacked into his garage. n00bs...c'mon, everyone knows that. He's really a dirty texas oil man.

haha, anyway..i'm sad, had to give up my car before I hit 100k =(
why I gotta be dirty?

OP
Epic

Epic

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2007
Status
Hmmm. I just passed a red hill..

OP
Epic

Epic

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2007
Status
your lens makes your honda look new...or maybe you just recently dusted your console.
Ehhhh... well grasshopper, that picture was taken with my point and shoot which has a Leica lens. And it's my Acura!!!! Ok..they still call it Honda in Japan..

Here is the trick. Picture is nothing more than a reflection at that moment. And dust is part of life. And you can exacerbate it by using more light than necessary. So, if you don't use a flash in shade, you can avoid capturing dust reflection. So manually turn off the flash..and you can get a decent picture.

Better learn all this stuff before you get your L-lens.. or you'll become like Caver.. a Wanna Be.. :smuggrin:

Caverject

15+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2003
Better learn all this stuff before you get your L-lens.. or you'll become like Caver.. a Wanna Be.. :smuggrin:

why you got to hate? You know deep down inside who makes a better toy...

Ever get to play with a Sony Alpha? I got to play with one the other day...seemed nice but still third tier compared to Canon and Nikons. Seems like it offers to do too many things and doesn't do it all exactly right without a lot of manipulation. I didn't realize that Sony bought the Konica/Minolta name. kinda cool i guess

OP
Epic

Epic

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2007
Status
why you got to hate? You know deep down inside who makes a better toy...

Ever get to play with a Sony Alpha? I got to play with one the other day...seemed nice but still third tier compared to Canon and Nikons. Seems like it offers to do too many things and does do it all exactly right without a lot of manipulation. I didn't realize that Sony bought the Konica/Minolta name. kinda cool i guess
Subconsciously, you listed Canon before Nikon... :smuggrin:

Yes, I played around with Sony.. and nothing wrong with their "Minolta" lenses. My first digital camera was a Sony..and felt their sensor was fantastic..

After all, it's all about the sensor and the lens. But you're right. It feels like a 2nd rate camera.

Caverject

15+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2003
Subconsciously, you listed Canon before Nikon... :smuggrin:

Yes, I played around with Sony.. and nothing wrong with their "Minolta" lenses. My first digital camera was a Sony..and felt their sensor was fantastic..

After all, it's all about the sensor and the lens. But you're right. It feels like a 2nd rate camera.
yeah...or as i was thinking...3rd tier, 2nd tier, and 1st tier

charfdorn

10+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2009
Denver, CO
Status
Pharmacy Student
If you fill up tomorrow, you'll be paying tomorrow's price, which will probably be more due to the price inflation trend. Have you ever heard of the saying, "a day late and a dollar short"?
Since you're not a broke college "punk" like me :p, you can afford to allocate $45 for gas without flinching too hard. Now if you get in a car accident (after filling up) and all of your gas spills out... well... you're out of luck!
I was doing so well buying gas when it was priced low... filling up when it looked like a good price rather than when I was getting low... and then I totaled my car and landed on the driver's side (where the gas cap is). With about three-quarters of a tank in it. I guess I still saved a little because that gas would have spilled out no matter how much I paid for it...

Good news is that my tags expired that month!

StaviZFingerZ

Retired
Removed
10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2009
Status
Pharmacist

StaviZFingerZ

Retired
Removed
10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
But can you beat this?

StaviZFingerZ

Retired
Removed
10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
I was driving it out to the coast when I hit 77K tonight though...my car's happy to see the Atlantic ocean again. :thumbup:

Yeah..so you can get more salt erosion..