-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
How old are you?
Started by Mornhavon
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Three fiddy.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Older than you, sonny boy.
Now GET OFF MY LAWN! Damn kids.
Now GET OFF MY LAWN! Damn kids.
Im 22 right now, and it seems like everyone in my class is older than me.
Whats the average age of a person who completes the MCAT and applies to medical school?
It seems like most applicants these days are taking at least a few years off.
Everyone I met on the interview trail seemed to be at least a year or two out of school, with the average age around 25.
22 is the 25th percentile, not uncommon. The median age of matriculated students is 23, the mean is 23 for women 24 for men. You might want to bookmark this URL.
Viginti octo
I'm 22 as well. I just graduated college a couple weeks ago and I will matriculate in August. But out of all my interviews, I met a max of 4 people who were still in college too. At a couple interviews, I was the ONLY one who hadn't graduated. So I definitely feel the same way.
Could people post their social security numbers beside their age as well?
42. So if I score my age on the MCAT, I'll be in excellent shape.
I'm 32, everyone I met on the interview trail with a few exceptions was still in college.
Could people post their social security numbers beside their age as well?
Also add in your CC #s, exp dates, and CCVs. Oh wait, I can just ask target for that data.
42. So if I score my age on the MCAT, I'll be in excellent shape.
I was going to say, "Take it in three years," but given the scoring on the new MCAT you wouldn't be in such excellent shape doing that.
My mental age is about 40.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not 42 lol. But you probably realized that I was kidding.I was going to say, "Take it in three years," but given the scoring on the new MCAT you wouldn't be in such excellent shape doing that.
I'm not 42 lol. But you probably realized that I was kidding.
Nope, I was duped. Then again, I have a hard time with sarcasm because I'm five.
I get duped all the time on the internet.Nope, I was duped. Then again, I have a hard time with sarcasm because I'm five.
Along with their dates of birth and mothers' maiden names?Could people post their social security numbers beside their age as well?
Also add in your CC #s, exp dates, and CCVs. Oh wait, I can just ask target for that data.
You forgot to ask for home addresses, places of birth, and highschool mascots.
Feel older or younger?29... I don't feel it though.
When you whippersnappers don't ask me, I feel younger; when asked, older.Feel older or younger?
Uhhh, I was born in the early 80's lol. Doesn't quite make me a whippersnapper.When you whippersnappers don't ask me, I feel younger; when asked, older.
Edit: before Aliens came out in the theaters.
If I didn't just hurt my back, I'd show you a thing or two for your snappy remarks. *shakes fist*Uhhh, I was born in the early 80's lol. Doesn't quite make me a whippersnapper.
Edit: before Aliens came out in the theaters.
In all seriousness, though, I'm surprised how many 25+ people are here. It's nice to see, in a way.
will be 27 when I start... I am doomed.. 

D
deleted407021
Old enough to be your classmate, son.
Why doomed? You'll be a least a step ahead compared to others.will be 27 when I start... I am doomed..![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm 12 years old and what is this?
It's a number, and it is open for judgement, especially when people talk about how amazing others are for going to med school at a young age. Going at an older age isn't applauded, but frowned upon.Why people so secretive bout their ages?
Though I should say the reverse should be the case. I genuinely regret not being in med school, but at the same time, I've done so many amazing and interesting things that I would have ignored had I gone from the get go.
If I could do it all over again, I'd make sure I get in right after college. However, I would miss the experiences I've had.
I'm 20 right now. I'll be 23 when I apply and if I get accepted I'll be 24 when I matriculate.
...bitch
...bitch
Ah I see, I definitely think it's more impressive to start at an older age especially with the life experiences/obstacles that come with it.It's a number, and it is open for judgement, especially when people talk about how amazing others are for going to med school at a young age. Going at an older age isn't applauded, but frowned upon.
Though I should say the reverse should be the case. I genuinely regret not being in med school, but at the same time, I've done so many amazing and interesting things that I would have ignored had I gone from the get go.
If I could do it all over again, I'd make sure I get in right after college. However, I would miss the experiences I've had.
Being somewhat "older" gives you an advantage in terms of to relating to ppl.It's a number, and it is open for judgement, especially when people talk about how amazing others are for going to med school at a young age. Going at an older age isn't applauded, but frowned upon.
Though I should say the reverse should be the case. I genuinely regret not being in med school, but at the same time, I've done so many amazing and interesting things that I would have ignored had I gone from the get go.
If I could do it all over again, I'd make sure I get in right after college. However, I would miss the experiences I've had.
And this isn't the NBA, in which you start to decline after age 30. In this field, you should continue to improve with age.
I actually had to do the math. Loonnnggg day. I'm 26.
I am 21 right now.
25
I'm 13 do you want to be my friendI'm 12 years old and what is this?
19 or 20 I forget
I'm 23. Will be a few weeks shy of my 26th birthday if I actually get the chance to matriculate! (Not remotely happy about this :/)
However, when I shadowed today, I was asked constantly by patients and even staff members if I was getting ready to graduate high school, uhm, no.
However, when I shadowed today, I was asked constantly by patients and even staff members if I was getting ready to graduate high school, uhm, no.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
However, when I shadowed today, I was asked constantly by patients and even staff members if I was getting ready to graduate high school, uhm, no.
I'm 32 and I am still asked this question.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 32
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 815