How old are you

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentase

Powered by tooth knockn
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How old are/were you applied to dental school and got in?
I think a majority of people have to be over 23

Members don't see this ad.

Average age is 24. I'm currently 22 and will be 23 when i matriculate.

Members don't see this ad :)
20, but I would think the majority would be like 22/23 since that would be like getting accepted after 4-5 years of undergrad.

Reactions: 1 user
I refuse to answer...:uhno:

Reactions: 1 users
Will be 35 when I start practicing ...

I applied when I was 31. Turned 32 in August 2014. Will be 33 years and 4 days old when welcome week begins.

Reactions: 6 users
21. Will be 22 when school starts.

Will be 25 by the time school starts.

Started dental school when I was 29. 2 years out and I'm 34 now :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Started dental school when I was 29. 2 years out and I'm 34 now :(

Why the sad face? You still have 30 years to practice.

Reactions: 3 users
Age is just a number lol. I'll be 29 when I apply.

=( bc the owners of the office I work for are my age. Most of the people my age are like 5-6 years out. I always feel like I'm playing catch up, but that's what happens when you get caught comparing yourselves to others.

Reactions: 2 users

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
currently 20, will be 21 at matriculation

Reactions: 2 users
I'm currently 23. I'm applying this summer. If I get in the first time I apply, I'll be 24 at matriculation. If I don't and have to do a masters, then I'll be 25 or 26 at matriculation depending on whether or not I wait until I complete my SMP to apply again.

Currently 25. Will be 26 when school starts.

Will be 22 when school starts

21. Drank.

applied right before my 28th bday, will matriculate a few weeks after i turn 29. sounds cliche but i truly wouldn't trade my experiences to be 23 and matriculating.

Reactions: 9 users
Folks in University of Pacific's 2+3 program will most likely be 19 or 20 when they start dental school and 22 or 23 when they enter the job market.

I matriculated a few months before I turned 24. I'll be 27 when I graduate, 28 when I finish residency...

what happens when you're 21 and you look like you're in your early 30s? But hey I'm young at heart! I'll just leave it there....

what happens when you're 21 and you look like you're in your early 30s? But hey I'm young at heart! I'll just leave it there....
0cXSqzg.gif

Reactions: 9 users
I am going to be 24 this month.

If I get into the post-bacc, I will finish that a couple months after I turn 26 and apply during the summer of the same year. Then, if I get into D-School on the first try, I will matriculate at 27, finish at 31, and hopefully get a job straight after.

21 when i matriculate.

I am 28....

My dat is

Ts 17
Aa 17
Pat 20
Qr14

I will retake DAT IN JULY AND

I will be applying in June 4

applied right before my 28th bday, will matriculate a few weeks after i turn 29. sounds cliche but i truly wouldn't trade my experiences to be 23 and matriculating.

I kinda wish I had taken a gap year just to have a few more life experiences under my belt.

Ill be 30 when dental school starts this year. Wasn't my plan but I don't regret my route.

Reactions: 4 users
I was 25 when I started dental school. I would say that this forum tends to err on the side of the older applicant, but thats just my theory haha. :)

21 when I applied, 22 when I matriculate.