How old are you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Holw old are you?

• 17-20

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • 21-24

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • 25-28

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • 29-32

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • 33+

Votes: 7 12.5%

• Total voters

Dr IWannaBe

Class of 2012
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious as to who's on here? I'm 35 (old man)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm 20.... The average age of first year dental students is around 25 I think... So I guess i would be on the young side

Members don't see this ad :)
22 about to be 23 :/

Just turned 20.

28 (will be 29 when I start school)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious as to who's on here? I'm 35 (old man)

Dr I wanna Be, if you're old, then I'm dead. I'm 42.

Hey Cymbidium I love your avatar, do you play? I'm on a senior league.

<---29,

Onamission, congrats on the interview invite. I'm taking the DAT this saturday. Any last minute advise?

Yup. Born and raised in a Buffalo, NY - not much else to do there year round. Plus I was in that first wave of girls to start playing varsity in college - gotta love title 9.

I currently only play on 1 team out here in LA, but when I move back to NYC next fall I'll play with my brookyln team again and probably Chelsea Piers in the summer.

Onamission,
I noticed on your profile that you went to Kettering. Is this the old GMI in Flint, MI or a different one?

23... Hopefully Ill be in at the age of 24!!

I'm 20.... The average age of first year dental students is around 25 I think... So I guess i would be on the young side
I'm 24 hopefully entering at 25... oh look, I'm average again!

26...please shoot me.

Onamission,
I noticed on your profile that you went to Kettering. Is this the old GMI in Flint, MI or a different one?

Yep, same old school in "happy valley". And my GPA shows it!

34 and starting to show signs of grey hair. I still love classic 90's rock.

34 and starting to show signs of grey hair. I still love classic 90's rock.

Oh puh-leez!! 90's rock is not classic, it's progressive. At least to those of us who are classics ourselves!:laugh:

22 most of my class is older with wives and kids

I am 26. Im my class quite a few people are older, and yet quite a few people are younger. Youngest is 20 and the oldest is 38ish.

It seems as if a lot of dental students enter as non traditionals. If this trend continues, soon non-traditionals will be 21 and 22!

I am 26. Im my class quite a few people are older, and yet quite a few people are younger. Youngest is 20 and the oldest is 38ish.
How are you in dental school and 20? Did this person graduate HS. when he was 18 and was accepted after 2 years of college? This guy must have some sweet connections.

How are you in dental school and 20? Did this person graduate HS. when he was 18 and was accepted after 2 years of college? This guy must have some sweet connections.

I was 17 when I graduated. Maybe he did the same thing. Also, you can take college courses in high school and ACT scores will let you test out of history, english, math all those basic generals saving you a year of school. My wife graduated from high school only needing one semester to get her associates. For those extremely motivated/smart peeps, there are ways.

22, but will be 23 when I (hopefully) start d-school.

20...will start at 21 hopefully if i get accepted for 08

26... I'll probably be 30 when I get in :laugh:

I dont know how they did it. My sister graduated from college at age 20. she was always young in her grade, and then skipped her senior year of high school, and after 4 years of college got done with a BS in Biochem from UCLA, and no she is not in my class. While it took me 5 years for my BS. and several more years before I got into Dental school.

Nothing wrong with going to dental school at age 26. if its what you want to do.

20 and in Dschool...while thats a great accomplishment, I'm not sure if I'd like that. 20 was the best year of my life; I don't think I'd want to give up the 2 years of undergrad to start my way in a career. Those 2 years can hold a wealth of great times and impt learning experiences...or at least I assume they will...

...I'm 21.

I'll be 24 soon... should be around 26 when I get in (things are looking bleak this cycle :cool:).

56...I figure I can practice a couple years after dental school before I retire.

Maybe this should have been a poll instead...