How old are you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Holw old are you?

• 17-20

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • 21-24

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • 25-28

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • 29-32

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • 33+

Votes: 7 12.5%

• Total voters
Members don't see this ad :)
Guess I'm the baby. I'm 19, but I still have a couple years until I apply.

I'll be 22-23 when I enter dental school if everything works out right.

I am 22.

Lots of people around my age it seems... I think its the "normal" age for BS graduates.

39 over here. This is my last shot.

wow! you guys are old! IM 21

are you all telling the truth???

will turn 87 this year...:D

Members don't see this ad :)
I served as a dentist in WWII, but without a dental degree. Now I desire to get that degree.

turning 26 next week. What's the average age of incoming students? like 23?

Guess I'm the baby. I'm 19, but I still have a couple years until I apply.

I'll be 22-23 when I enter dental school if everything works out right.

I'm 18, but I too still have a few more years. If everything goes right for me, I will be 21-22 when I start.

I'm 17. Turning legal on December.

Does it matter a great deal?

I'm 17. Turning legal on December.

Does it matter a great deal?

Well, if you are from the Philippines (I was born there), it doesn't really matter since you can go to dental school as early as 17 years old (after graduating from high school). Are you going to Centro Escolar, University of the East, or what dental school? Or are you applying to dental school abroad?

--
Back to the question:

I'm 22 in duck years.

My friend's little brother just graduated from dental school at the age of 22. He skipped high school, started college at 13, graduated when he was 18 and finished dental school at 22.

My friend's little brother just graduated from dental school at the age of 22. He skipped high school, started college at 13, graduated when he was 18 and finished dental school at 22.

I wouldn't want a 22 year old working on my teeth no offense

Well, if you are from the Philippines (I was born there), it doesn't really matter since you can go to dental school as early as 17 years old (after graduating from high school). Are you going to Centro Escolar, University of the East, or what dental school? Or are you applying to dental school abroad?

.. oh i'm sorry. I'm kinda confused in here.
Actually, I am not interested in dentistry. I'm into surgery... what i mean is-- planning to.

I'm really sorry for entering the wrong thread or maybe wrong forum..lol

Anyway, thanks for asking.

what country?

Wow. Do you even know when WW2 was? He claimed to be 56... last time I checked, he would have been born some time around 1951 then, and WW2 was over by the mid 40s. :laugh:

I'm 25 and a Freshman in college :oops:

21...I'll start (hopefully) when I'm 22

19, wow I'm one of the young ones...looks like i got a long way to go hopefully.

22 here ... Hopefully i will celebrate my 23rd birthday with an acceptance letter from any dental school :luck:

Currently 26, hopefully I'll be 27 when I start D-School. I graduated at age 24 with my B.S. and I'll have my master's in May.

I wouldn't want a 22 year old working on my teeth no offense

Why not? How is a 22 year old worse than a 45 year old that has taken the minimum in CE for the last 20 years and only on perio/practice management?

Why not? How is a 22 year old worse than a 45 year old that has taken the minimum in CE for the last 20 years and only on perio/practice management?

I don't know how much time you have spent in the dental field but I'd have to say experience is much more important than having the newest education.

I don't know how much time you have spent in the dental field but I'd have to say experience is much more important than having the newest education.

Why? Dentistry has completely changed in the last 15 years. The materials change every single year. What is your reasoning to say that experience is more important. I will say that I do believe that having more time in a field can be advantageous, but to say that you wouldn't see a doctor just because he is young is silly.

I guess what my point is is that dentistry is so new and evolving still, that experience can be WAY overrated. I am a second year student at Temple right now. I have taken/am signed up to take over 150 hours of CE this year. I hope to increase that number my third and fourth years. Now, when I have been out a couple of years, have over 1500 hours of CE, who would you rather see? Me, who actually has been trying to learn all he can to be the best he can, or the doc that has been out 15 years, only does the minimum CE every year (about 450 hours after 15 years) and lives to get his paycheck every month?

24 now, will be 25 when I enter dental school (knock on wood).

Sometimes I feel as though my twenties are slipping away. Then again, I was almost certainly the youngest post-bac in my program, and about the same age or somewhat younger than many of the undergraduate pre-health professional students.

Karen is 5 years older than Dan. Dan will be three times the age of Susan in five years. If Susan is 10......
Iam still waiting for the poll.

Word on the poll. But i'm 22 now, but if accepted, i'll be 23 when i finally start!!:luck:

I'm 20, I'll be 21 when I (hopefully) start.

20 +pity+ ..... But looking forward to Vegas ;)

Seeing the poll... I figured there would be more in the 21-24 section

I don't like to disclose my age, but I fought valiently at Pearl Harbor.