How old were you when you applied to Pharmacy School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am applying right now at 22. If i don't get into any, I'm changing fields ^^

Members don't see this ad.

My best case scenario
Current age 56
Age at applicaton 59
Age at acceptance 60
Age at completion 64

and this is not kidding, it's for real. I'm an engineer in telecommunications and it's a dead end industry. I'm the sole support for myself and husband and need a new career. I am also pretty active (marathoner) and a good student, but it's an uphill battle for sure.

Good luck. I hope you get in, and I hope you keep us updated. :)

I applied at 31, starting at 32, and should finish at 36.

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply: 23
Starting: 24
Pharmacist-to-be: 28

"Nothing should be prized more highly than the value of each day."--Goethe

It's been a journey but I couldn't be happier with my choice. Just have to enjoy everyday as much as possible!

Applied-17 (0-6 program)
Graduating-23.

ballin....I'd love to be makin 6 figs at that age.

Do any of you older folks feel weird telling people you're a student. I just finished my undergrad and I dread telling people I'm a student for 4 more years.

Looks like I'm gonna be 25 when I get to Pharmacy School. 24 years old right now, and I'm applying this summer.

Applied 19

Starting 20

Graduating 24

One question...what's the point of applying to pharm school if you are already 50+??? I mean you won't have much time left to work afterwards before you retire...unless pharmacists don't retire

Last edited:
Applied 19

Starting 20

Graduating 24

One question...what's the point of applying to pharm school if you are already 50+??? I mean you won't have much time left to work afterwards before you retire...unless pharmacists don't retire

I have personally worked with lots of pharmacists, even before the worst of the great recession, that were over 60 and still going strong. My mom is nearly 60 now and she's going back to school to finish an MBA (And got a really high score on the GMAT a couple weeks ago, I was like o_O) so I don't really think 50 is THAT old (but it depends on the 50 year-old I guess).

There are lots of reasons, though... for some people, they put off having a career like pharmacy for years and years due to a variety of reasons and they just want to get the degree to prove they can.

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied: 23-24
Starting: 25
Graduate: August 2015 - so 28-29

Theres no 0-6 programs in pharmacy where Im from (Canada)...its more like 2+4...for me 4+4 because i wasnt sure pharm was for me.

The program starts in january 2012 and ends August 2015 (different I know....but there are 7 academic terms (4 mos each) and 4 paid co-op terms.

25 next month (applying)
25 beginning class... :xf::xf::xf:
28 graduating (Midwestern CPG plzkthx)

The person who inspired me to pursue pharmacy will be applying somewhere past mid 30s, graduating either late 30s or early 40s.

I'm guessing the 20-somethings are at least somewhat overrepresented on these boards, just because that's how we are used to finding answers / communicating. Pretty sure that's how the interwebs is. :p

25 next month (applying)
25 beginning class... :xf::xf::xf:
28 graduating (Midwestern CPG plzkthx)

The person who inspired me to pursue pharmacy will be applying somewhere past mid 30s, graduating either late 30s or early 40s.

I'm guessing the 20-somethings are at least somewhat overrepresented on these boards, just because that's how we are used to finding answers / communicating. Pretty sure that's how the interwebs is. :p

Don't forget that it's the 40 and 50 somethings that started the interwebs ;)

Applying: 20
Starting: (hopefully): 21
Graduating: 25

...unless pharmacists don't retire

Nope. I know some 80 year old pharmacists, still going strong. As long as your mental faculties are still in tact, you can pretty much work until you die. (I hope I'm that 80 year old who just does it to get out of the house, not for money.)

1ive2die said:
Do any of you older folks feel weird telling people you're a student. I just finished my undergrad and I dread telling people I'm a student for 4 more years.

Dude - tell them you're a drug dealer in training. Or come up with something else if you don't want to say student. The only one that needs you to answer "student" is the IRS.

Applied:19
Starting next week: 20
Graduating: Shortly before 23rd birthday (3 year school)

Starting pharmacy school next week and will be 29 years old in couple of months.

Graduating in 2015, before my 33rd birthday.

Applied 96
Graduate 100
Retire 101

Applied at 17
Will start in 2 1/2 weeks.
Will finish at 23