HOW SCIENCE GPA WORKS

Discussion in 'Physical Therapy' started by BannBann, Aug 22, 2015.

1. BannBann

Physical Therapist
    Hey everybody.

Heres the deal. I am confused on how science gpa is calculated. For example. A certain school's requirements will be a two biology course with a lab. I have taken Biology 1&2 and Microbiology. In Biology 1 I got an "A", a "B" in Biology 2 and an "A" in micro. Which ones do the schools use to tabulate your gpa? The higher ones? In PTCAS it seems to compute all of your science courses. So I'm lost.Which is it? I'd like both of my A's to be seen by the school i am applying to preferably.

2. BannBann

Physical Therapist
    Let me add to that. I am also applying to some schools that have deadlines towards the beginning of the next year. So if i were to retake any science class I want to take the one that will give me the most impact and not at the same time, not stress me out as much, lol.

3. okramango

7+ Year Member

Physical Therapist
    Prereq GPA looks at only a school's required prereqs, while Science GPA looks at every science course taken. Most programs consider Prereq GPA, but some programs consider overall Science GPA, so check which GPA's your specific programs consider.

starrsgirl likes this.