How should I approach?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nodoubt

...on my journey
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello gang:
I need you expert advice. I graduated undergrad in 2006. Our program was so unstable since my advisor passed away in 2003 that each year afterwards we had a new round of teachers that replaced the old professors...some cases even in the middle of the semester a few teachers quit and I had new ones. All that said 99.9% of the time because the old professors left on bad terms I wasn't able to keep in touch with them. My new advisor came in 2005 and left when I graduated :/ There is only one professor there now that knows me and has taught me in a few classes.

How can I approach this situation of getting the LORs that I need? Thanks in advance guys!

Members don't see this ad.

For sure ask the one guy that you know but I would also suggest asking other professors you may have had in the past. ALL of the professors you took couldn't have moved could they? I would bet you took an english/computer/art/etc. class in which you met a cool professor that can help you out.

Yes, I do. I have some non-science professors that I still keep contact with..but how would that look if the app says 2/3 LORs from science professor and 1 from a non-science professor?

As long as you have one I really don't see AADSAS being that strict about the others. But then again, I'm not really sure. The best advice would be to just plan on getting what rec. letters you can and then calling AADSAS to verify if they will accept the ones that you will submit. Tell them your circumstances, of course.