How should I go about secondary revisions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xNinjaBurrito1

Reaction score
Before anyone posts it, I already read the SDN article on pre-writing secondaries.

I'm currently pre-writing my secondaries (so far just the essays for USF Morsani, because they ask for a lot of essays) and I am starting to revise them. I feel confident in my ability to revise for grammar, word choice, flow, etc. In terms of addressing the prompt, balancing descriptive language with word count, balancing showing versus telling, however, I'm lost.

I know the PS editor thread will open up soon, but I'm not sure if there are any resources I should utilize to revise my secondary essays, especially since there will be so many of them. I feel like physicians and those not involved with medicine would struggle to give helpful feedback given the limitations and school-specificity of secondary essays. The only thing I can think of would be to find current students on school specific threads and beg, or pay for an editor.

Are there any other resources I've missed? Or do you all have any advice for secondary essay revision? Recommendations on editor services?

Members don't see this ad.

Succinctly answer the call of the question. Use examples to back your points. Remember that this is not a creative writing assignment, but rather a chance to show that you are a good fit for the school and have what it takes to be an excellent medical student.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Support SDN.
Okay, very stupid question for you: I've signed up for this and gave my SDN username and got a receipt by email, but how do I actually access the course? Every link just goes to a PayPal payment page.

(Also commenting to see if my user flair has changed at all)

Okay, very stupid question for you: I've signed up for this and gave my SDN username and got a receipt by email, but how do I actually access the course? Every link just goes to a PayPal payment page.

(Also commenting to see if my user flair has changed at all)
Confirm your email with me in a DM.