Medical How should I handle contract rescinded for arrest record (no charges/dismissed) for fellowship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutonc

No Meat, No Treat
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted for fellowship in a state wherein the license application requires me to disclose any arrests/court appearances regardless of them being dismissed. I disclosed in my application I do not have any convictions/etc but, due to a crazy relationship, have been arrested with court dates and charges ultimately being dismissed.
I'm under the impression that when I submit the appropriate court records to my program to submit for licensure that they cannot hold that against me as I was honest that I do not have convictions/charges.
I'm also under the impression that when I submit the documents, I should go ahead and explain to the program what the additional documents are.
...Always...Tell...The...Truth...

Unless this is Texas, the licensing board will review it, maybe ask you for a comment, or at worst ask you to appear at a hearing, and you'll be approved (assuming all else is in order).

Can you avoid the program and just get licensed yourself? Or do you not qualify for a full/unrestricted license in that state?

Members don't see this ad.

The license application is different than the fellowship issue. If it is the license, absolutely tell the truth. They *can* hold it against you, but it very unlikely it will except for substance abuse, family abuse, child support, or fraud (which states have specific rules for all licenses that must be considered). If it is the way you say it, they may ask questions and take it into consideration when taking actions. It is unlikely that they will if that's all it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.