Ibuproben

2+ Year Member
May 10, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello there, I know this has been posted a million times on this board, but I am an international university graduate.. Any comment is appreciated :D

I graduated from University of Toronto with cGPA @ 3.74 and sGPA ~3.70.
I haven't written MCAT yet, and I am not too confident with CARS.. - that being said, I am working on it. I have been admitted in a thesis-based MSc at the University of Toronto and will stay here for 2 more years or so. - my residency therefore would not matter.

My ECs have been very focused on researches;
- 3 years of working as a research assistant in a neurophysiology laboratory. - did not yield publication however; 2 Mid-tier second authorship in work.
- 1 year of working as a Thesis student in a Genomics laboratory
- Summer research grants (2 awards) in a affiliated teaching hospital working on stem cells.

- My Master's degree researches will be on stem cells and critical care unit. - and I am interested in joining Critical Care as well..

- 1 year of Translation of educational videos
- 3 years of Hospital volunteering (Pharmacy and Physio and Occupational Therapy) - not too sure how many hours have been put in; but I was there 2-3 hours a week.

My LORs are strong - so I have heard from my admission committees; not too sure in detail.

I might take a gap year between my application and my Master's degree.

I have no shadowing experiences nor community volunteering from what I read on the forum.

Any comment is appreciated!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads