what should i improve upon, next?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brooklyn-doc97

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need advice on what my next step should be so far here are my stats.

Cgpa:3.6
Sgpa:3.5 (both gpa's have a strong upward trend.
MCAT:510
Non-clinical volunteer experience: 158 at a soup kitchen
Clinical volunteer experience: 210 scribing at a free clinic
Clinical volunteer experience: 38 hours at a hospital
shadowing: 21 hours for an oncologist
Research:N/A
I messed up my senior year and withdrawed from some classes due to financial issues at the moment, which dropped me down to part time status. I didn't graduate yet, however I am planning on doing a year's worth of classes to make up for it.
I am a first gen college student and and urm (black male), and low SES. Who plans are applying next year in 2024.
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Please fill out a complete template. What is your state of residency? Did you already apply/ have you heard back yet? How much networking have you done before applying? Have you posted to the URM forum?

Please fill out a complete template. What is your state of residency? Did you already apply/ have you heard back yet? How much networking have you done before applying? Have you posted to the URM forum?
Hi, I was born and raised in NY however I have resided in Virginia for the past 7 years, I have not applied this year, plan on doing my first application next year, no networking prior to applying, and no to the urm forum.