How should I plan the next few years?

Started by Ar1S3
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ar1S3

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello. I'm currently a junior in Undergrad with a cGPA of 2.7 and a s.GPA of 2.4. I've been reading up on what to do for the next few years to improve my chances of getting into med school. I'm still a little unsure on what to do. So far my plan looks like this.
Year 1. Start looking for research opportunities.
1a. Start studying for MCATs (some Post-bacc programs want one)
Year 2. Finish senior year with amazing grades
2a. Apply to Post-bacc (I don't know if I should take a formal or informal but formal looks more solid)
Year 3. Ace Post-bacc program and keep up ECs, research (if any), LORs.
Year 4. Apply to both SMPs and Med School on the last year of Post-bacc.

What do you guys think? What changes should I make?
Any advice is appreciated, thanks.