Medical How should I report IA after verification?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my AMCAS for verification. I failed to realize a warning about my school's alcohol policy at a graduation party, where I was of drinking age, was formally added to my conduct record as an IA. I want to own my transgression, as I know I failed, but I'm just wondering if there is a clear way to inform medical schools.

Should I email the admissions dean for each school? Should I describe the incident and my inconsistency, or just inform them of the incident and what I learned? Will this make my application dead on arrival?
Yes, you probably should. Will it make your application DOA, depends on the school, especially since you obviously neglected to check yourself about this infraction when given a chance to disclose. To me, you're not DOA, but you've used your one mulligan.

Members don't see this ad.

The Dean's office informed me that this was an IA after I verified.
Is this an ok explanation?
"During my senior year, I was cited by my college for intoxication. I was given a warning. I had no further violations, and I graduated in good standing. This was not included in my primary application due to my misunderstanding, so I am using this update to assure you are aware of this transgression before your review. I take full responsibility for my mistakes, and I have used them as lessons on how to act as a proper community member."

I think that would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.