How soon after rotation did you start studying for NAPLEX?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

enoti

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be graduating in June 2013. I have a choice between taking my last rotation either in April or May. I can't take the NAPLEX until I have officially graduated in June. Is studying 2 months in advance too soon?

Members don't see this ad.

It really depends on the board of pharmaxy and how quick you get your ATT. If they take forever then you can probably stagger it a month because there won't be any test dates.

I studied about two months in advance.

I studied sparingly during the last 6 months of my rotation or so, then really focused in the last month after my graduation. Still, in my experience, no adequate amount of time studying ever will help you to know the answers of some impossible questions on NAPLEX. It surely helps if you have some strong clinical rotations where you really learn a lot about the drugs and disease states. The test is designed to test your accumulative knowledge of 4 years in pharmacy school and experience through rotations.

I studied sparingly during the last 6 months of my rotation or so, then really focused in the last month after my graduation. Still, in my experience, no adequate amount of time studying ever will help you to know the answers of some impossible questions on NAPLEX. It surely helps if you have some strong clinical rotations where you really learn a lot about the drugs and disease states. The test is designed to test your accumulative knowledge of 4 years in pharmacy school and experience through rotations.

I agree with this; I didn't really feel like the review that I did (outside of math review) helped me much at all on the naplex. Either I knew the answer from the last four years or I just guessed.

Having said that, I guess not everyone passes the naplex so an intensive review is sometimes warranted. I started to review a little bit during my last rotation, then finished reading the book and doing my math review the month after graduation.