Jan 16, 2014
Status
Non-Student
So how stable are these jobs? Do they generally last a few years? Can they move easily from project to project or do they usually have to send in a new application every time?

Also what are the chances of an IMG getting these jobs? Is there anything an IMG can do to make himself more competitive?

gutonc

No Meat, No Treat
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
Most CRAs have a bachelor's degree. A few may be working their way through a Masters or waiting to apply to med school or grad school. It's an administrative job. It pays accordingly. If you work for an academic institution you'll be told what projects you're working on. If you're working on the industry or CRO side, the same is true. Not sure if there are contract CRAs.

OP
NeedToStudy
Jan 16, 2014
Status
Non-Student
Most CRAs have a bachelor's degree. A few may be working their way through a Masters or waiting to apply to med school or grad school. It's an administrative job. It pays accordingly. If you work for an academic institution you'll be told what projects you're working on. If you're working on the industry or CRO side, the same is true. Not sure if there are contract CRAs.
I have an MD but from a foreign school. Is CRA something you can do for a few years? Do most jobs last that long?

gutonc

No Meat, No Treat
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
I have an MD but from a foreign school. Is CRA something you can do for a few years? Do most jobs last that long?
It's a regular job. For regular people. You apply for it and hopefully get it. If you don't F up, you can probably keep it. You're likely to make more money tending bar or waiting tables somewhere. And it's not "experience". But there's no reason not to apply if you've got no other options.

PharmDcandidate

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
So why are you planning for CRA? How is the pay?