How stressful is PT school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aspiringDPT231

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I understand that any schooling is going to be difficult especially in todays world. But I read a ton of things saying that PT and DPT school is overwhelming and really hard. I go to a college prep school that was recognized in the top 25 catholic schools in the country. Everyone is saying that you must be dedicated and study all the time but that's what I do anyway. I understand im not going to be learning like easy history stuff we've learned a million times but I am going to take college physics, anatomy, and calculus next year. How much more is there? Like I said before I know its going to be hard but I am up for the challenge😉
 
So you're not even a freshman? See if physics, chemistry and a and p are easy for you. If they are, you're probably fine. If you struggle, then maybe think about it more carefully.
 
If you're going to a college prep school and you really want to be a DPT, then you will be fine. My old A&P professor once told me, "people who weren't as smart as you are passed graduate school."