How the heck did you guys pay off your debt?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mfernando87

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I just graduated from undergrad, and I'd really like to go to school at Touro U. Mare Island to pursue a DO, but I was looking at the numbers and it looks like I'd be about $310,000 in debt by the time I finished their DO program... I tried to work the monthly payments out, and it looks like I'd be paying about $3,700 a month if I went with a 10 year plan. Although I have 0 debt from undergrad, I have absolutely nothing in the bank for med school, so I'd be depending completely on loans (mostly stafford and grad plus, i hope...). Are these numbers right, and if so, how the heck do you guys manage it (especially while you're in residency...)?! I love the school, and I'd really like to go there, but I'm worried about managing it all afterwards... It really surprised me because many of the osteopathic schools I know of are private, so I'm thinking a lot of people are in the same sort of situation... If anyone could offer any help or insight that would be really, really, great! Hopefully I'm looking at this all wrong, and there's some information I'm missing. Ugh, I didn't know becoming a doctor had so much accounting involved in it... Anyhoo, thanks so much for the information! It's really appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.