How to answer the "What made you apply to this school" ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aiikookie

PrePod
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
while doing supplementaries i realized a lot of the schools ask this. How do you answer it exactly? Do I just research the school and talk about what I like in it?

Also, for this question "Besides dentistry, what are you passionate about?" Are they asking about what my plan B is if i dont get accepted? or are they asking just in general what I am passionate about

Members don't see this ad.

-Cater to the schools' individual mission/values. For example, if it's a research heavy school, talk about research you have done before, and how you expect to carry those skills to contribute to the school's research opportunities. If it's community-heavy, talk about what volunteering/engagement you have done in the past, and how you plan to continue that at the new school. If you are considering applying to that school in the first place, you must have had a reason why you picked it out of other schools, list those as well.

-For the second question, it's not asking for a plan B. I assume they just want to know if you are a real, full-rounded person with passions and interests outside wanting to go to dental school. I personally talked about my passion for creating artworks.

Reactions: 1 users