How to apply for an away rotation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gerbila

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interested in doing an away rotation in anesthesia at another school in Sept. However after searching the respective school's medical school website as well as their dept of anesthesia site I can not find any information for prospective students wanting to do a rotation there. I am interested in the application process, how to get housing, start/end dates, etc. I tried firing off an email to the residency director's secretary but got no response so I'm assuming it's not that person's jurisdiction. There are a whole host of email addresses at the med school such as Dean of Grad Med Education, Dean of Admissions, etc but I don't know which would apply. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

That will vary by institution, so I would block e-mail all of them to ensure that the right one gets your inquiry. Ask them if there are residents there that would be willing to provide room and board for you. We are doing that here (you still pay the resident a nominal fee for a month's room and board, but not hotel rates at least).