How to apply for radiology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LouisianaDoctor

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all

I'm 5 years out of residency, board cert family medicine, and I have been doing ER work exclusively since finishing residency. I've been wanting to go back and do radiology for a couple of years. I've decided it's time to figure out how to do this. Where's the best place to start to apply to residencies? Would I be allowed to skip PGY-1 since I have already completed three full years of residency and have a board certification? Would I go through ERAS? FREIDA? Whats the best plan of action? Thank you kindly.
 
Yes Sir, go back to ERAS and search for pgy2 rad position. You don't need prelim year as you already finished residency. The way to go is ERAS and filter positions by pgy2 it is called also R1. Good luck Doctor