How to approach content review for B/B and C/P

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

canadianbacon1244

Reaction score
Hi all!

I am about 7 weeks out from taking the MCAT and am not entirely too sure on how to approach the content review for these two sections (B/B, C/P). I am working through EK and Kaplan books about 1 chapter a day. There are a lot of details and I am worried I am not using my time reviewing content efficiently. I take light notes on pretty much everything. Should I do practice problems from aamc to solidify information? Any advice is much appreciated!!!

PS I am very new to SDN so I don't know if there are any other threads of people with similar issues to mine or if I posted this in the right area?

Members don't see this ad.

I have found that content review is not all that helpful. You need to be doing at least ten passages and seventy questions a day. I learn the best when I review the questions after the fact, I can see my scores inch up and feel the progress I'm making.

Reactions: 1 user
I have found that content review is not all that helpful. You need to be doing at least ten passages and seventy questions a day. I learn the best when I review the questions after the fact, I can see my scores inch up and feel the progress I'm making.

Oh you use questions to reveal your weak spots and that is much more active learning it seems like. Thanks for the advice!

You arent giving yourself much time if you are still on content.
CP I always felt strong with chem and super weak on physics. I did content review and felt like it was nearly useless and followed up with tons of practice exams and problems and CP is now my strongest section.
BB does require memorization of the basics, but is more geared towards your ability to.. be given a passage with charts and graphs and time effectively understand the general info and then read the questions and disect the small clues they inserted to help giveaway the answers. Just my realization of this jumped my scores from 126-127 to 129-130.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Plzletmein and Blanky are absolutely correct here. Content review is overrated and wastes precious study time that should be spent doing passages. If you go over the answer explanations and really think about how you could have answered that question better, you will simultaneously pick up content and get practice in. Passages are content review.

As far as your choice in materials goes, while the books you're using are okay and will function, you should probably switch to TBR for passages and do all of the AAMC practice material available.

Reactions: 1 users