126 C/P: retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bearbear8

Reaction score
My overall score is a 515, which I likely wouldn't retake on its own, but 126 for C/P is at or below the 10th percentile for most of the schools that I was interested in, according to MSAR.

I'm an ORM, Texas resident, 3.9X GPA, traditional applicant - planning to apply MD-only and mostly to in-state schools. My MCAT practice exam averages were closer to a 518 (516-521 range) and 126 on C/P was my lowest section score of all time.

Members don't see this ad.

My overall score is a 515, which I likely wouldn't retake on its own, but 126 for C/P is at or below the 10th percentile for most of the schools that I was interested in, according to MSAR.

I'm an ORM, Texas resident, 3.9X GPA, traditional applicant - planning to apply MD-only and mostly to in-state schools. My MCAT practice exam averages were closer to a 518 (516-521 range) and 126 on C/P was my lowest section score of all time.
I don’t recommend a retake, nice score of 515 is competitive for all TX schools

Reactions: 1 users
You have very little to gain by a retake. You can spend that time strengthening other parts of your application, like clinical and public service.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a 516 with a 126 C/P so similar to you, I have gotten 8 interviews this cycle so far (including to top 5 schools) and one acceptance. You will be okay as long as you use this time to strengthen other parts of your app!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users