How to approach schools with financial aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ColdBrewChomps

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hello, my question pertains to how to approach medical schools about getting money when having received 1+ acceptances. For example, I am currently am in a fortunate situation where I have 2 acceptances, where I know exactly which school I want to attend out of the two. However, if the other, less preferred school, is cheaper, how do I communicate that to the other school with the hopes that they will give me some money to either match or beat out the other school cost wise.

I know people say "I talked to the school saying cost is a big factor for me and another school offered me more so can you match it". But what does that actually entail? I feel like just calling or emailing them saying "please match the costs of another school" sounds too direct and unpleasant so I don't know how people actually go about this.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!