How to approach..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjpod48

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So some background,
I will be graduating at the end of this month and I am trying to plan when I should take my MCAT for my best chance of getting in. I have a 3.18 GPA, was involved in athletics all 4 years, and will be a medical scribe for this year off, and have a little over 50 hours of shadowing a podiatrist. I know that I need to do well on the MCAT and that I need to apply early to have a shot at getting into DMU or Scholl which are my top choices that I would like to go to. However, I have yet to begin studying and planned on a test date of July 17th. That gives me a about 2 months to study which I don't think is sufficient to score as well as I need to, to get in. So my dilemma is should I keep my test date and study as much as I can for 2 months and take that score and apply early. Or do I move my test back and study for another month or two in hopes of achieving a higher score and applying a little later say November/December? Thanks in advance for the advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think you can still apply early without an MCAT score, then send in your test scores in November/December when you get them back. I'd do that if that's an option.