how to ask for....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uclakid

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey.

If I'm applying this year, when is the best time for me to start asking professors/whoever for LORs? I asked one already, and she seems packed with LOR requests already (from people applying with me)! I thought I was early..?

Members don't see this ad.

You are about on time. Some people are more neurotic than others and hence will hvae asked for LOR's like 3 years ago. But all in all, you're fine in asking now and anytime until maybe march/april.

you are early, don't worry about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
If your school has a pre med committee, make sure you check with them the deadline for submitting all your LOR's. At my school, all of our letters need to be in by march 14. If I were you, give them more than a month notice.

~lubdubb

wow, our premed committee wants most of our LOR's in by the end of soph. year. i guess they make us neurotic.

Hey there, fellow bruin, go to the UCLA Career Center and they have these green or blue sheets that give a timeline of applying to med schools. I think they have something as to when to ask for LORs. I began asking the beginning of Spring Quarter of my last year...that way, it's not too late or too early. Most profs ask "when do you want this by?" and if you say, "Like, June," they keep putting it off. Ask the end of March/beginning of April, and it works out great. PM me if you want more help.

Good luck

BonBon