When/How to Ask Schools About Matching Aid?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xakrinf

Reaction score
Hey all!

I was fortunate enough to receive a really, really generous scholarship from one school (UT McGovern). As a First-Gen, Low-Income student, cost of attendance post-scholarship is likely to be the determining factor for me when choosing between schools. Thus, with this scholarship in hand, I was hoping to reach out to some other schools I'd rather attend that I've gotten into (Baylor, UT Dell) and ask whether they would be willing to match my offer.

When is the best time to do this? After they send me their initial financial aid/scholarship offer or before that? How should I go about doing so?

Thanks in advance, all! Happy Holidays 🎅

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Just contact the appropriate people at Baylor and UT Dell (dean or director of admissions), tell them that you're grateful for the acceptance(s), but you've got a full tuition scholarship at another TX school. If they want you they'll cough up some recruitment money. If not then McGovern is a great school. Either way you're in an enviable position.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users