How to be competitive for pulmonology and cardiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toocoolforschool

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to do some research as an intern to be competitive for pulmonology/cardiology fellowships as I like both fields equally. I was wondering whether anyone had any advice on research topics that would help be with either fields and of interest to future interviewers?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, I'm hoping to do some research as an intern to be competitive for pulmonology/cardiology fellowships as I like both fields equally. I was wondering whether anyone had any advice on research topics that would help be with either fields and of interest to future interviewers?
Thanks!
Look for people doing research in pulmonary hypertension...will let you kill 2 birds with one stone.

Would also look in to QI related projects. Most have a pretty quick turn around (depending on what you're doing) and are more easily accepted to big conferences like ACC (if you can spin it properly). Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
You cant because these fields hate each other. I would pick the field that gets to drive flying golden teslas instead of the one that has to work in house all night.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Look for people doing research in pulmonary hypertension...will let you kill 2 birds with one stone.

Would also look in to QI related projects. Most have a pretty quick turn around (depending on what you're doing) and are more easily accepted to big conferences like ACC (if you can spin it properly). Good luck!
Thank you!

You cant because these fields hate each other. I would pick the field that gets to drive flying golden teslas instead of the one that has to work in house all night.
Which one is which?