How to be quicker while working in patients in Dental School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothmagic

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

A newbie D3 here, with Covid and all that, I only done 2 operative so far. 1 a very big huge MO with existing amalgam occlusal restoration, and the 2nd one was supposed to be a core, but ended up being just a big box prep.

I guess it's caution or fear. I freak out if I see blood, when faculty don't even flinch.

Like for instance, faculty comes and check, and he/she might say, go deeper axially, or go deeper gingivally, or open bucolingually. Mine notion of "deeper," .5 mm, then they come in, and open it hugeeeee, or go so deep that the pt gums would bleed.

What questions should I ask to don't look like a fool? I had two professors getting in there to do the work basically :(

Members don't see this ad.

You will look like a fool anyway. Instructors are used to that - you are just learning, everything is scary. When they tell you to deepen - ask how much.
To be faster, you need to plan and prepare - know your theory well and make a list of supplies to avoid running to a supply window 10 times
At the end it is better to reduce less rather then remove half the tooth and cause instructor a heart attack

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users