How to change something once AMCAS is submitted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rachmoninov3

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just found out that due to circumstances beyond my control (transcripts taking too damn long after waiting forever for a grade change) that I will not be admitted to the master's program I thought I was going to. I still plan to do post-bac working towards the master degree, and to apply again to the program next year along with med school if things are favorable this time around.
Problem is, I put 'master of science' under 'degree expected' on AMCAS (I even had a graduate advisor already and was most assured that I'd get into the programme). I wrote aamc an email yesterday when I found out asking to change 'master of science' to 'post-bac', and today they said my application was through processing without making the change?!
Will they change this after processing and before sending to schools in july?
or will I be stuck explaining this at my interviews?

What would my fellow SDNers do?
 
Find out for sure whether AMCAS will change this on your application or not. If they can't/won't, then write a brief letter to the schools you applied at explaining your situation.
 
I wouldn't bother with the hassle of trying to change it. You still expect to enter the degree program so I would leave it alone. If asked then explain the situation. Otherwise... well, you go the idea.