How to Cheat on the MCAT - Official SDN Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamweaver1988

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, two brilliant ideas so far. They allow non-corded earplugs... what if you recorded yourself saying all the physics equations and put little devices in foam earplugs? Powered by a watch battery, or by photovoltaic foam - just be sure to sit by a window.

Second idea: Get huge biceps to cover up info written on the inside of your elbow (antecubital fossa). Hold a Hulk-like stance, with biceps flexed, and only relax when you need a peek.

Anyone else out there with ideas as good as mine?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
dis-gon-b-gud.gif

The MCAT people are watching. . .

*They know if you've been bad or good so be good for goodness sake!*

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, two brilliant ideas so far. They allow non-corded earplugs... what if you recorded yourself saying all the physics equations and put little devices in foam earplugs? Powered by a watch battery, or by photovoltaic foam - just be sure to sit by a window.

Second idea: Get huge biceps to cover up info written on the inside of your elbow (antecubital fossa). Hold a Hulk-like stance, with biceps flexed, and only relax when you need a peek.

Added benefit of the second idea...when the proctor comes over to accuse you of cheating, you can just knock him the f out.

lol wut.

How about you just study with adderall. I think thats considered cheating -- but you wont get caught.

I thought this was a troll thread, but then I saw that it was an "official SDN thread".

omg why wud u try to cheat this is a really bad idea i hope you don't try this you could get in big trouble

Looks like these guys got pretty close to success on the MCAT: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2011/05/31/bc-high-tech-mcat-scam.html

(Only mistake was having someone who wasn't a willing accomplice help out...they got turned in.)

And, OP, this question isn't new: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/archive/index.php/t-11769.html

Also...you're an idiot for even considering this. Seriously. Get a life. If you spent half the time studying that you're spending on considering ways to cheat on the MCAT, you might actually break...25...and not get caught.

I've got one that should work for the ladies. Etch the most important equations into your bra (sewing should work too, really anything that bulges out) and practice running your fingers along the inside of it, memorizing the curvature of x and a and such. They shouldn't say anything if you're just reaching for an itch.

If you're good, you can get a good amount of equations utilizing both sides, but make sure you can bend your arms into your shirt as inconspicuously as possible.

Also...you're an idiot for even considering this. Seriously. Get a life. If you spent half the time studying that you're spending on considering ways to cheat on the MCAT, you might actually break...25...and not get caught.

:laugh:

I've got one that should work for the ladies. Etch the most important equations into your bra (sewing should work too, really anything that bulges out) and practice running your fingers along the inside of it, memorizing the curvature of x and a and such. They shouldn't say anything if you're just reaching for an itch.

If you're good, you can get a good amount of equations utilizing both sides, but make sure you can bend your arms into your shirt as inconspicuously as possible.

Interesting idea, but I'm going to guess you haven't actually taken the MCAT because having the equations written down would be pretty much useless. The problem with all of these ideas is that you could have an entire chart of the equations in front of you and it wouldn't help you much at all. (You could actually make an equation sheet on-site during the tutorial if you wanted but it wouldn't likely help you much.)

I'm willing to bet that the OP is joking. Calm down, people.

Members don't see this ad :)
i've always thought for guys you should just write down equations in a long thin strip, and wrap it around the junk. you can just go to the bathroom, unwrap, read, and come back. i tried to do this but the ink ran

LOL... oh really?

ya rly cuz if u get caught it might ruin ur shot at a good school or any school really i never would have gotten acceptances at harvard and hopkins and yale and washington and san fransissco and columbia and harvard if i had cheated but luckily i didn't cheat so i got acceptances to all those schools :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Here's a little tidbit that's not cheating, but not sure if people know it...

You can drag out the MCAT instructions and then test taker agreement for twenty minutes. Use those to fill out your equation sheet ASAP from memory!!! Worked for me, and totally legal. :)

i've always thought for guys you should just write down equations in a long thin strip, and wrap it around the junk. you can just go to the bathroom, unwrap, read, and come back. i tried to do this but the ink ran

That's why I went big and got the equations tatted on my junk. This is the MCAT, people, leave no margin for error.

EDIT: It is gonna hurt when I have to get them removed and redone for step 1 but no pain no gain right?

Last edited:
That's why I went big and got the equations tatted on my junk. This is the MCAT, people, leave no margin for error.

EDIT: It is gonna hurt when I have to get them removed and redone for step 1 but no pain no gain right?

It hurts SOOO good... when I match highest!

Here's a little tidbit that's not cheating, but not sure if people know it...

You can drag out the MCAT instructions and then test taker agreement for twenty minutes. Use those to fill out your equation sheet ASAP from memory!!! Worked for me, and totally legal. :)

It's true. Actually, you can stretch out your breaks a good 15-20 min as well if you really want to (assuming your proctors like you).

Really? :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:

Send someone who aced it the previous year with a fake ID and peel the skin off of your right thumb and glue it to his/hers for the fingerprint. After you get your marks, destroy all evidence, including your accomplice. You can't be too sure. Make sure you also blackmail your professors and references and bribe the adcom. Then, after you get accepted, make 'em dissappear. Same for the USMiLE and residency applications. I call it the "Sadham strategy for medical professionals".

Don't forget to kill a few puppies in the process.

And read "The Prince" for more useful useful household tips.

Last edited:
It's a little hard to verbalize my idea, but it is some combination of this and this: [YOUTUBE]BBDmlEhpEGQ[/YOUTUBE]
But replace "Declaration of Independence" with MCAT, and replace the "President of the United States" with this guy

OP Official SDN thread for cheating on an expensive standardized exam? Seriously? Someone shut this stupid thread down.

OP Official SDN thread for cheating on an expensive standardized exam? Seriously? Someone shut this stupid thread down.

I think the earplug thing was pretty good. Let him try that. He won't have to look up the formulas on the exam booklet.

The MCAT is all about saving time between questions. Memorize the genetic code. There's only 64 possible combinations. :cool:

So does saying "Official SDN Thread" just make something an "official SDN thread" now?

Also, cheat sheets for standardized exams are pretty much worthless.

I think SDN fully endorses any official SDN threads.

Lol, but there should be some general consensus to it, like the class of xxxx threads, which have a group of users posting in "their" thread.

I could make a thread called "How to eat double cheeseburgers-- Official SDN Thread"

Lol, but there should be some general consensus to it, like the class of xxxx threads, which have a group of users posting in "their" thread.

I could make a thread called "How to eat double cheeseburgers-- Official SDN Thread"

Can you do that, like right now?

Fresh off the grill cheeseburger here, and I haven't the foggiest on what to do next.

u mad? Relax bud.

It's a little hard to verbalize my idea, but it is some combination of this and this: [YOUTUBE]BBDmlEhpEGQ[/YOUTUBE]
But replace "Declaration of Independence" with MCAT, and replace the "President of the United States" with this guy

Is that profile real? I'm not sure what to think.

5 hour exam... Id get really sick of the half dozen physics equations you need playing on repeat.....

5 hour exam... Id get really sick of the half dozen physics equations you need playing on repeat.....

Not to mention u could just write down all the equations in the 10 minute tutorial period...like i did. I wrote down 20-30 equations and didnt "ace" the physics section. I dont think I spent more than 2 hours memorizing the list of equations the night before either..

you're probably better off just taking trig physics (which i think nearly every med school requires) the semester before the mcat if you are worried about it. But even someone with all of the equations memorized cold isn't guaranteed a good score on the mcat....

Really disappointing effort, guys. So much negativity and so little creativity.

I like the tattoo idea previously mentioned. You could take that one step further and get "sleeves" tattooed on either arm with all the equations. Might look kind of cool, plus you would be able to calculate angular momentum any time, any place the rest of your life.Wear a cut-off the day of the test and you'll be golden. This wouldn't be cheating any more than having a hand helps you remember the anatomy of the hand, right?

Use old exams.

This is the WEST COAST (Read: California) way of cheating. Myth has it that there is a bank of every single MCAT ever created within the confines of the UC system (most notably Berkeley).

About 10 years ago it was started by this kid (who legend has it) was named Ahn. Kids would go take the MCAT with a micro-camera attached (the Japanese kind that are like 10+ years ahead of our time). Well for each test 4 to 5 students would take it, some would actually take it and others would void. The point is that with the advent of the computer based tests there are more and more tests. The folks at AAMC DO NOT make up entirely new tests every single year. Tests are used and reused every 2-3 years. Exact questions and all. Well these very same tests are practiced upon by the brilliant minds at UCs. So while you and I on the east coast practice our (garbage) official AAMC practice tests :high five: which are nothing like the real deal, our colleagues on the West coast practice the real deals :banana:. This explains why such a high proportion of the 35+ MCAT scores are from the West coast. The only real reason we don't see perfect scores are that 1) they are keepin it real in true cheater fashion (never get 100 when all you need is a 90) and 2) AAMC likes to keep it real too...as in they change up a passage or two here and there on the tests (new passages).

Myth has it that these same folks have kept the tradition alive for Step 1 too (not Step 2 tho cause that doesn't count for s*** when you have a high Step 1 score). Myth even extends it to the boards for Radiology....

Status
Not open for further replies.