How to choose best place to do away rotation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

melanoma4me

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a current 3rd year that is planning on applying plastics. I am working on my schedule for 4th year and am having a hard time deciding where to do my away rotations at. Have a strong interest in cutaneous oncology and burn. Any suggestions?
 
Having finished the interview trail this year, programs in areas with a lot of sun like Florida and California are strong on recon post-cutaneous malignancy
 
Places where Plastics runs the Burns:

UNC
Indiana
USC (I think)
Wake
U of Chicago (have heard from lots of students that they loved working with Gottlieb)
UTMB
Hopkins (Burns is a division of Plastics at Bayview, not sure how much Plastics is involved)