How to choose programs to apply to based on research fit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

installation2020

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I am so (over)-excited (and immensely nervous) to apply this upcoming cycle...

I am having trouble, however, trying to choose which schools to apply to when looking at research opportunities. My interest is in cancer biology, specifically metastasis/tumor microenvironment/immunology involved with those two topics...is there an efficient way of looking through schools to see what may be a fit? I have just been searching through each school's researchers on their departmental sites, but that is taking a lot of time for not so much reward. How should we be going about looking through research prospects?