How to cover the material of PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rachel Nham

Reaction score
Do we need to bogg down the content?

Members don't see this ad.

Do we need to bogg down the content?

...not sure what you mean...

Utilize Kaplan / Dr Collins / etc etc that have multiple key points AND use Pearson practice exams. Those are 100% your best material to use. How fast or slow you “bogg down the content” is on you with hours of study to the test date

Reactions: 1 user
...not sure what you mean...

Utilize Kaplan / Dr Collins / etc etc that have multiple key points AND use Pearson practice exams. Those are 100% your best material to use. How fast or slow you “bogg down the content” is on you with hours of study to the test date
I mean do we need to study in details, especially the biology? Do you any tips and tricks to learn the material effectively? I did go over all of the biology section, but when I do the practice questions, I almost forgot all of the materials.

I mean do we need to study in details, especially the biology? Do you any tips and tricks to learn the material effectively? I did go over all of the biology section, but when I do the practice questions, I almost forgot all of the materials.

1) When would you not study in detail?

2) stop memorizing and brain dumping. Derive it

3) you forgot the material because you didn’t study long enough AND you dont do enough practice problems.

Focus on one chapter a day and do problems on the material. Refresh and move on to the next chapter. If it takes longer then take more time to grasp it.

Kaplan : 1 chapter
Dr Collins: 1 study guide outline topic (do the review problems)

Rinse and repeat. Then test yourself

Reactions: 1 users
Yes you should definitely study in detail. The most basic and smaller things helps you out so much especially when you are trying to make an educated guess off something you aren't exactly sure what the answer is. I suggest buying the cliffs notes ap biology book. Goes over everything except microbiology for PCAT.
BC_89 says not to memorize but I like to memorize and go back to reread everything to keep it fresh. Just my style, may not work for others that well.

Reactions: 1 user