How to detect a anesthesiology resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I will definitely ONLY drink Community Coffee. Starbucks tastes like crap after you've had a cup of the good stuff.

cubs3canes said:
Another thing I notices is that anesthesia residents actually turn down bad coffee. I see medicine residents drink any coffee that they can get their hands on, but an anesthesia resident will change scrubs, walk three blocks, change back just to actually enjoy their coffee.

I love it.

Members don't see this ad.

exgatr said:
I will definitely ONLY drink Community Coffee. Starbucks tastes like crap after you've had a cup of the good stuff.

Its been over 10 years now that every comon american has become coffee snobs and I still don't get it. Its black water with caffeine. The expensive brand name stuff only tastes slightly better than the cheapest crap. But maybe I dont have any taste buds.

aredoubleyou said:
Its been over 10 years now that every comon american has become coffee snobs and I still don't get it. Its black water with caffeine. The expensive brand name stuff only tastes slightly better than the cheapest crap. But maybe I dont have any taste buds.

I'm with you on that, RW. To me, coffee and tea just taste like someone took a handful of dirt and tossed it in a cup of hot water . I guess I just don't get what's so great about it. The smell is awesome, but the taste just doesn't translate.

Members don't see this ad :)
Andy15430 said:
I'm with you on that, RW. To me, coffee and tea just taste like someone took a handful of dirt and tossed it in a cup of hot water . I guess I just don't get what's so great about it. The smell is awesome, but the taste just doesn't translate.
Add cream and sugar.. brings out the taste if you can't handle the bitterness of black coffee (I hate it). Some of the best coffee beans I've tried are from Starbucks.. try their Gold Coast Blend, or Sulawesi. They charge about $10/lb, and they'll throw in a free drink of your choosing. I live in NYC where there are some wonderful places to buy coffee (Porto Rico Importing Co, Zabars, Citarella, etc), but these standbys are consistently among the best. I recently bought a quarter-pound of the infamous Jamaican Blue Mountain ($30/lb). It was a smooth, medium-bodied coffee, but in no way worth the money. If you take the time to learn how to brew coffee properly, and select good beans, coffee can be a lot more than mere caffeinated black water.

powermd said:
Add cream and sugar.. brings out the taste if you can't handle the bitterness of black coffee (I hate it). Some of the best coffee beans I've tried are from Starbucks.. try their Gold Coast Blend, or Sulawesi. They charge about $10/lb, and they'll throw in a free drink of your choosing. I live in NYC where there are some wonderful places to buy coffee (Porto Rico Importing Co, Zabars, Citarella, etc), but these standbys are consistently among the best. I recently bought a quarter-pound of the infamous Jamaican Blue Mountain ($30/lb). It was a smooth, medium-bodied coffee, but in no way worth the money. If you take the time to learn how to brew coffee properly, and select good beans, coffee can be a lot more than mere caffeinated black water.

Best cofee Ive ever had was the one this morning - after not sleeping all night on my crap sub-i call in the cafeteria. I'd tell you which cafeteria it was, but I really don't want the place to get too crowded with scores of people on the search for the perfect cup of coffee. :D