Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question is geared for those working in drug industry but open to anyone
What are things you consider on deciding when to change jobs in pharm/biotech industry and what jobs to take and how those factors weigh on your decision to switch? What do you prioritize in your next opportunity, career move? Is title really important and climbing the ladder as fast as possible a good thing? Or can climbing up too fast sometimes be bad as you'll see less experienced leaders and can demoralize other colleagues who put in more time and effort to get where they are? Or does it just depend?
I'm seriously considering switching jobs and debating on what potential position to take, whether to prioritize higher title in my field, or prioritize potential pipeline and opportunities/company. I'm ignoring geography and hiring manager for now as hiring managers/bosses can change and bosses generally are good. I will be leaving pretty good benefits for less benefits but more opportunities to develop, learn, see things...hopefully. I'm looking at things from a regulatory job perspective and sticking to oncology but other job functions are welcome to chime in.
Do you prefer small or large companies, the pros and cons of large v small companies?
I'm also curious about workplace politics and how people view/handle promotions, tips on being successful and getting promoted, how to avoid feeling stuck and not advancing, managers. Career advice on moving up basically
Thoughts, experiences on why you changed jobs, what drove the decision, and did it work out as you well as you thought, are appreciated
What are things you consider on deciding when to change jobs in pharm/biotech industry and what jobs to take and how those factors weigh on your decision to switch? What do you prioritize in your next opportunity, career move? Is title really important and climbing the ladder as fast as possible a good thing? Or can climbing up too fast sometimes be bad as you'll see less experienced leaders and can demoralize other colleagues who put in more time and effort to get where they are? Or does it just depend?
I'm seriously considering switching jobs and debating on what potential position to take, whether to prioritize higher title in my field, or prioritize potential pipeline and opportunities/company. I'm ignoring geography and hiring manager for now as hiring managers/bosses can change and bosses generally are good. I will be leaving pretty good benefits for less benefits but more opportunities to develop, learn, see things...hopefully. I'm looking at things from a regulatory job perspective and sticking to oncology but other job functions are welcome to chime in.
Do you prefer small or large companies, the pros and cons of large v small companies?
I'm also curious about workplace politics and how people view/handle promotions, tips on being successful and getting promoted, how to avoid feeling stuck and not advancing, managers. Career advice on moving up basically
Thoughts, experiences on why you changed jobs, what drove the decision, and did it work out as you well as you thought, are appreciated