how to explain COVID-related W on transcript in secondary app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluejay1321

Reaction score
I just received a secondary application for the school I applied to ED, and there are two questions regarding academic record: (1) Please explain any inconsistencies in your academic record, (2) Please discuss any disruptions to your med school application as a result of COVID-19, which can include academic performance, etc.
I have a W on my transcript in Fall 2020 because I got COVID once I moved back onto campus, so I withdrew from an in-person lab that I would have missed the first two weeks of, a lab I didn't really need anyway for my degree or pre-reqs. This is the only inconsistency in my transcript, and I am wondering which question I answer with an explanation of this withdrawal. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Idk I would just let it be unless it asks specifically about explaining Ws

Reactions: 1 user
I just received a secondary application for the school I applied to ED, and there are two questions regarding academic record: (1) Please explain any inconsistencies in your academic record, (2) Please discuss any disruptions to your med school application as a result of COVID-19, which can include academic performance, etc.
I have a W on my transcript in Fall 2020 because I got COVID once I moved back onto campus, so I withdrew from an in-person lab that I would have missed the first two weeks of, a lab I didn't really need anyway for my degree or pre-reqs. This is the only inconsistency in my transcript, and I am wondering which question I answer with an explanation of this withdrawal. Thanks in advance!
The prompt doesn't apply to you. Skip it

Reactions: 1 users