How to find Moonlighting Opportunities?

Started by MedMusic
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MedMusic

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I'm a PGY-2 psych resident looking to moonlight. I'm wondering if anybody has advice on how to find external moonlighting opportunities? I've got my permanent license for the state I am training in. Additionally, I live right on the border of a couple other states. Is it possible for me to apply for a license in those states if there is a hospital that would let me moonlight there?

Thank you!
 
Some residents moonlight for as much as 5k per weekend. You can make 300k per annum in residency doing this
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
5k/weekend is more than I've heard any of my friends make at any of their programs. The PGY-4's at my program do not really care to moonlight. I'm thinking of just cold calling some hospitals within a 2 hour drive of me and asking if they're looking for any psychiatry coverage on weekends.
 
5k/weekend is more than I've heard any of my friends make at any of their programs. The PGY-4's at my program do not really care to moonlight. I'm thinking of just cold calling some hospitals within a 2 hour drive of me and asking if they're looking for any psychiatry coverage on weekends.

There was someone on here recently who said they were making 5k per weekend moonlighting and making over 200k total as a resident. Can't remember who